Start Time: 7:30 a.m. for Runners and Walkers
Location: Start and Finish are at Corner of E. Cedar St. and S. Jefferson Ave.
Awards: 8:30 a.m. at the City Stage, corner of Pony St. and S. Washington Ave.
As part of the Outdoor Expo, the Hero 5k Run/Walk will once again be held. This race is named in memory of Major Ronald Wayne Culver, who died in Iraq on May 24th, 2010. It is an honor for us to name this race in his memory as we recognize his courageous spirit in preserving our country’s freedom.
Major Wayne Culver, a dedicated employee of Nexans Amercable, served multiple combat deployments throughout his military career and served on countless programs, organizations, and groups in the local community. Participating in the Hero 5k for Major Wayne Culver is one way Nexans Amercable and our community can continue his life and legacy of leadership and service. What an honor to know that a true American Hero was and still is a part of the El Dorado community.
Date - Saturday, September 12, 2020
Location – South Arkansas Community College – El Dorado Conference and Student Center
El Dorado, Arkansas
Friday, September 11, 2020, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. - Day Prior to Race Day
• Packet Pickup – El Dorado Conference Center, Enter West Foyer at 300 South West Ave., in front of Murphy Hall
Saturday, September 12, 2020 – Race Day
• 6:15-7:15 a.m. Race day registration and packet will be available @ start location
• 7:30 a.m. Start time @ the corner of E. Cedar St. and S. Jefferson Ave.
• 8:30 a.m. Award Ceremony @ the Main Stage
How to Register
Online: Online Registration will open soon!
By Mail: Send completed form and check payable to SouthArk Foundation, P.O. Box 7010, El Dorado, AR 71731
In-Person: South Arkansas Community College, 300 South West Avenue
SouthArk Foundation Office, Administration Building, 2nd floor, Suite 209
Printable Form: Click Here
• Pre-registration by Wednesday, September 2, is $25, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Registration after Wednesday, September 2, is $30.
• Runner Divisions: 70+,60-69, 55-59, 50-54, 45-49, 40-44, 35-39, 30-34, 25-29, 20-24, 15-19, 10-14, 0-9
We now have a Walker's Division!
• Must register by Friday, September 4, to guarantee a race shirt.
• Friday, September 11, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. - El Dorado Conference Center, Enter West Foyer at 300 South West Ave., in front of Murphy Hall or on Saturday, September 12, @ start location
• Start at Corner of E. Cedar St. and S. Jefferson Ave. – Proceed North on S. Jefferson Ave. – Turn left onto Griffith St. – Turn left onto Mall parking lot/access road – Turn left onto E. 13th St. – Turn right onto N. Jefferson Ave. – Finish at E. Cedar St. and S. Jefferson Ave.
Course Map (online)
Course Map (print/photo)
• $100 cash prize and award to first place overall male and female
• First place overall male and female will not receive age division awards
• Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers in each age and gender division
• Door prizes will be given away at the award ceremony. Must be present to win.
Inclement Weather Policy
The race will go on regardless of precipitation. In the event that weather conditions present an imminent danger to participants, the race will be canceled. No refunds will be given.
• Due to reasons beyond our control, it may become necessary to change some of the event locations, start times, etc. Please visit the race website periodically to check for any updates: www.southarkexpo.com or Online Registration Coming Soon!