Start Time: 7:30 a.m. for Runners and Walkers
Awards: 8:30 a.m. at the City Stage, corner of Locust and S. Washington Sts.
Location: Start and Finish are at the corner of Locust and S. Washington Sts.
As part of the Outdoor Expo, the Hero 5k Run/Walk will once again be held. This race is named in memory of Major Ronald Wayne Culver, who died in Iraq on May 24th, 2010. It is an honor for us to name this race in his memory as we recognize his courageous spirit in preserving our country’s freedom.
Major Wayne Culver served multiple combat deployments throughout his military career and served on countless programs, organizations, and groups in the local community. Participating in the Hero 5k for Major Wayne Culver is one way our community can continue his life and legacy of leadership and service. What an honor to know that a true American Hero was and still is a part of the El Dorado community.
Date - Saturday, September 10, 2016
Location – South Arkansas Community College – El Dorado Conference and Student Center
El Dorado, Arkansas
Friday, September 9, 2016, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. - Day Prior to Race Day
• Packet Pickup – El Dorado Conference Center, Enter West Foyer at 300 South West Ave., in front of Murphy Hall
Saturday, September 10, 2016 – Race Day
• 6:15-7:15 a.m. Race day registration and packet will be available @ start location
• 7:30 a.m. Start time @ the corner of Locust and S. Washington Sts.
• 8:30 a.m. Award Ceremony @ the Main Stage
How to Register
Online: www.southarkexpo.com or www.apexendurance.com/hero.html
By Mail: Send completed form and check payable to SouthArk Foundation
In Person: South Arkansas Community College, 300 South West Avenue
Administration Building, Room 105. Park at Heritage Plaza by the gym.
Printable Form: Here or www.apexendurance.com/hero.html
• Pre-registration by Friday, August 26 is $25, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Registration after Friday, August 26 is $30.
• Age Divisions: 60+, 55-59, 50-54, 45-49, 40-44, 35-39, 30-34, 25-29, 20-24, 15-19, 10-14, 0-9
• Must register by Friday, September 2 to guarantee race shirt.
• Friday, September 9, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. - El Dorado Conference Center, Enter West Foyer at 300 South West Ave., in front of Murphy Hall or on Saturday, September 10, @ start location
• $100 cash prize and award to first place overall male and female
• First place overall male and female will not receive age division awards
• Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers in each age and gender division
• Door prizes will be given away at the award ceremony. Must be present to win.
Inclement Weather Policy
The race will go on regardless of precipitation. In the event that weather conditions present an imminent danger to participants, the race will be cancelled. No refunds will be given.
• Due to reasons beyond our control, it may become necessary to change some of the event locations, start times, etc. Please visit the race website periodically to check for any updates: www.southarkexpo.com or www.apexendurance.com/hero.html